ABOUT THE COALITION FOR VETERANS’ LAND
The Coalition for Veterans’ Land is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) all-volunteer corporation founded in 2005. Our mission is “Saving Veterans’ Land for Direct Services to Veterans and Protecting the Quality of Life for Los Angeles and its Veterans.” This mission has been supported by a broad array of business, residential, religious and neighborhood councils from Pacific Palisades, Brentwood, WLA, Bel-Air, Westwood, and Fairfax.
The Coalition has an impressive track record of grassroots organizing to protect Veterans’ land donated in 1888 as a permanent home for disabled soldiers. Working closely with our elected representatives and speaking with one voice, we have helped to:
- Stop the WESTWOOD FEDERAL BUILDING Expansion at Wilshire and Veteran.
- Stop the WLA ARMY RESERVE sale at Federal and Wilshire.
- Supported Senator Dianne Feinstein’s LEGISLATION to ban the sale of WLA VA land.
- Provided extensive testimony on the VA MASTER PLAN.
- Conducted a needs assessment to determine Veteran service needs that concluded that women veterans and their children were the least served. From this study came the proposal for MULLEN HOUSE, permanent supportive housing for soldier moms and their children.
Please read about Mullen House and follow our progress on our Mullen House webpage.